The Jonnycake Center of Peace Dale will become a VITA site (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) in January of 2018. Our VITA team will prepare and file taxes free of charge for local households.
Volunteers will be trained through a mix of classroom and online experiences. We ask our volunteers to commit to one, three-hour time slot each week, for up to twelve weeks. We anticipate being open on Mondays and Saturdays.
Flexible hours. No prior experience necessary. Free tax law trainings and materials.
Roles and Responsibilities of Tax Preparers
- Participate in training and pass online IRS certification
- Prepare federal and state tax returns, within the scope of training and certification
- Ensure all deductions and credits are claimed for taxpayer
- Answer basic tax-related questions and refer those with more complex questions to appropriate organizations and resources
- Ensure information and returns are properly backed up and stored for review
- Maintain confidentiality of taxpayer information
- Stay informed of site policies and procedures, and timely alerts and announcements
Interested individuals should be experienced with computers and have access to email. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kate at 789-1559 ext. 11.