The Jonnycake Center of Peace Dale will be hosting a a VITA site (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) again in 2019. Our VITA team will prepare and file taxes free of charge for local households.
Volunteers will be trained through a mix of classroom and online experiences. We ask our volunteers to commit to one, three-hour time slot each week, for up to twelve weeks. We anticipate being open all day Monday and Wednesday afternoons.
[dt_sc_pullquote type=”pullquote1″ align=”right” icon=”yes”]The teamwork of volunteers, along with thankful clients, was a recipe for a wonderful opportunity. – Mark Barabas, VITA Volunteer [/dt_sc_pullquote]
Flexible hours. No prior experience necessary.
Free tax law trainings and materials.
Roles and Responsibilities of Tax Preparers
- Participate in training and pass online IRS certification
- Prepare federal and state tax returns, within the scope of training and certification
- Ensure all deductions and credits are claimed for taxpayer
- Answer basic tax-related questions and refer those with more complex questions to appropriate organizations and resources
- Ensure information and returns are properly backed up and stored for review
- Maintain confidentiality of taxpayer information
- Stay informed of site policies and procedures, and timely alerts and announcements
Interested individuals should be experienced with computers and have access to email. To learn more, email email@example.com or call Kate at 789-1559 ext. 11.