Job Announcement – Front Desk Program Specialist
The Jonnycake Center for Hope is a basic needs organization serving primarily residents of South Kingstown and Narragansett. The Center operates the Jonnycake Market, one of the larger food pantries in the state, and offers additional services and programs designed to improve the physical, financial, and emotional health of our members. The Center is moving to a new facility in 2022 and seeks a dynamic individual who can direct visitors and support our member services team.
POSITION: Front Desk-Program Specialist
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
Responsible for welcoming all visitors and answering incoming phone calls. Facilitates basic needs through Jonnycake Center member enrollment and/or offering appropriate referrals to other community support services. Enrolls Jonnycake members in seasonal programs and screens individuals for financial assistance, community health outreach, and other long-term case management needs. Checks-in shoppers for the Jonnycake Market and performs various administrative duties for the Member Services Department, including assisting with volunteer enrollment. The position also communicates with local agencies to follow-up on referrals, maintains accurate resource information, and addresses emerging community needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and directs all visitors
- Inputs and maintains member demographics and service utilization in data management system
- Recruits and registers JC members to special programs including nutrition, cooking, child enrichment, tax preparation and neighborhood leadership
- Assists Jonnycake members with technology such as faxing, copying, etc.
- Establishes relationships with referral-based agencies within the community to meet visitor needs
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Valid driver’s license
- This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Minimum of GED or HS diploma, some college preferred
- At least two years working in human services capacity or community-based agency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google, electronic record keeping, answering multi-line phones and data entry
- Extremely friendly demeanor and ability to multi-task
- Experience in behavioral health, developmental disabilities, health outreach and/or advocacy preferred
To apply, send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to email@example.com. No calls please.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer